Ontario conducted the month’s third draw of the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) on May 18, 2023.
The Express Entry Skilled Trade Stream of Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) issued Expressions of Interest (EOIs) to 1,694 candidates on May 18, 2023. The CRS score range was between 250 and 489. The OINP draw targeted 46 National Occupation Codes (NOCs) to select Express Entry candidates who created their profiles in the Express Entry system between May 18, 2022, and May 18, 2023.
The draw selected Express Entry candidates with work experience under 46 occupations belonging to Major Group NOCs 72, 73, and 82.
Ontario processed 13,034 Notifications of Interest (NOIs) to Express Entry candidates since the beginning of 2023. The details of NOIs under different streams are as follows:
- Skilled Trades – 4,668 candidates
- French-speaking skilled worker – 615 candidates
- Human Capital Priorities – 7,751 candidates
Ontario’s Express Entry Skilled Trades Stream mandates the following eligibility criteria:
- The candidate has a year’s full-time work experience in Ontario
- The occupation must belong to Minor NOC Group 6320 or Major NOC Groups 72, 73, 82, 83, 93
Candidate has a minimum language proficiency of CLB 5 in French or English