Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) announces measures to favor
international students in Canada.
Canada announced several new changes to benefit international students in Canada, like
removing the cap on working hours or increasing the strengths are only a few of the latest
announcements favoring international students. These are the top five announcements
facilitating international students visiting Canada to pursue study programs.
- Canada is allowing students to work off-campus with no restrictions. The earlier cap of
20 hours a week does not exist anymore. The temporary measure aims to address the
existing labor shortage in Canada.
- IRCC to boost the transition from Temporary Residence to Permanent Residence to
resolve the ongoing labor shortage more effectively.
- More students will find opportunities to enroll in Canadian institutions as Canada is
about to increase the number of study permits to 753,000 in 2022-23.
- Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) assures to publish a monthly
review of backlogs to enable aspiring immigrants to track their applications.
- IRCC plans to extend the benefits of fast-track study permits to students from several
countries by enhancing Student Direct Stream.
Canada continues to rank among the top destination countries across the globe. Affordable
cost of living, quality of education, multi-culturalism, career opportunities, and the ease of
becoming a permanent resident make Canada an ideal place for international students.