The latest draws for British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program and Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program Issued Invitations to 189 and 305 candidates, respectively, to apply for permanent residence.
British Columbia PNP Draw
British Columbia issued 189 Canada immigration invitations to candidates following the recent BC PNP draw on December 6, 2022. The breakup of the invitations to apply for permanent residency is:
- BC PNP Tech stream -144 invitations (minimum score of 95 points)
- Early Childhood Educators – 32 invitations (minimum score of 60 points)
- Healthcare workers – 12 invitations (minimum score of 60 points)
- Priority occupations (NOC 31103 and 32104) – less than 5
Manitoba PNP Draw
Manitoba conducted its PNP draw on Dec 1, 2022, and issued 305 Letters of Advice to Apply (LAAs). The invitations comprise three Manitoba PNP streams:
- Skilled workers in Manitoba – 206 invitations (minimum score of 775 points)
- International Education Stream – 56 invitations
- Strategic Recruitment Imitative – 43 invitations (minimum score of 673 points)
There were 31 candidates out of 305 with job seeker validation codes and valid Express Entry IDs.
Highlights of Manitoba Immigration
Skilled Worker Manitoba Stream (SWM)
Manitoba operates Skilled Worker Manitoba Stream (SWM) to address the needs of employers in Manitoba by selecting international skilled workers for permanent residence. The two pathways help candidates immigrate to Manitoba under the SWM stream.
- Manitoba Work Experience – For temporary work permit holders working in Manitoba
- Employer Direct Recruitment – Candidates applying from their countries of origin with a valid job offer from the Manitoba Employer.
Manitoba Skilled Worker Overseas stream (SWO)
Skilled workers with skills matching In-Demand Occupations are eligible for the SWO stream.
- Express Entry pathway – Candidates having Express Entry profiles and a strong Manitoba connection become eligible for the SWO stream
- Human Capital pathway – Candidates having high potential to seek employment after arriving in Manitoba are eligible for Human Capital Pathway if they have skilled work experience in In-Demand occupations.